Asking for Help
Hello and thank you for checking out TAO!
We provide affordable and effective online content to address a variety of mild to moderate mental and behavioral health concerns.
At this time, TAO does not offer direct, personal counseling services.
If you are interested in accessing TAO's evidence-based sessions for self-help, please click here for more information: TAO self-help
If you are in crisis, please consider the following resources:
- Call or text 988, or chat via 988lifeline.org. The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Text MHA to 741741 to be connected to a trained crisis counselor. Free, text-based support 24/7.
- For LGBTQ youth, free, 24/7 suicide hotline.
- For trans folx, Trans Lifeline's 24/7 hotline is a peer support service run by trans people for trans and questioning callers.
If you are not in crisis and just looking for someone to listen, try one of the following warm lines:
- Warm lines in the US: Warm line directory
- Warm lines in Canada: Warm line directory or Wellness Together warm lines
If you are seeking a therapist, some directories to consider include:
- Psychology Today
- Good Therapy
- Open Path Collective (sliding scale available)
- Inclusive Therapists (BIPOC/LGBTQ)
We wish you well on your journey!