Asking for Help
Thank you for contacting TAO. We provide affordable and effective online content to address a variety of mild to moderate mental and behavioral health concerns. If you are interested in accessing TAO's evidence-based sessions for self-help, please click here for more information: https://www.taoconnect.org/self-guided.php
If you are in crisis, please consider the following resources:
- Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org. The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Text MHA to 741741 to be connected to a trained crisis counselor. Free, text-based support 24/7.
- For LGBTQ youth, text START to 678678 or call 1-866-488-7386. Free, 24/7 suicide hotline.
- For trans folx, call 877-565-8860 in the US and 877-330-6366 in Canada. The Trans Lifeline's 24/7 hotline is a peer support service run by trans people for trans and questioning callers.
If you are not in crisis and just looking for someone to listen, try one of the following warm lines:
- Warm lines in Canada: https://www.warmline.ca/ or
If you are seeking a therapist, some directories to consider include:
- https://openpathcollective.org/ (sliding scale available)
- https://www.inclusivetherapists.com/ (BIPOC/LGBTQ)
We wish you well on your journey!